Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Roller Coasters suck

The title of this post is based on the Roller Coaster of emotions caused by illness and pain and depression:

SO I am sick and life sucks all around. OK I don't like it and wish I was better but that's where I am. Then the pain gets better or the fatigue or both and I start exercising or I get to go out dancing or to the movies with friends or dinner with a nice guy or all of the above and life isn't perfect or the way it used to be, but it is a lot better. Then something happens, chemical upset in the brain, a giant pain spike, a 24 hour night of sleep or longer... and then I am depressed and even though the pain isn't too bad (but continuing) you can't get up you can't get anything done and more than the fact that you have hit this low is the that you were doing so "well" when it happened.
Or it happens from another side of the "pain, fatigue, depression" triangle. Either way I go up on one or two sides and then slide down the other side or two and feel stuck in a pit I can't remember how to get out of... especially when it is the emotional side of the triangle because it is the hardest on the rest of the system. I can deal with the pain generally if I am not awfully tired or depressed. I can handle being tired if I am not depressed or in much pain. But when I get depressed, even if the other symptoms are or were doing ok, I crash. The depression makes me more tired no matter where I was before, it gives me more pain and even when the pain isn't too bad it makes it overwhelming because the depression overwhelms all the rest of me.
I know I have gotten over these mini relapses, even when I am in an overall relapse. But I can't remember how, or what I did different to cause it or fix it.
It leaves me more depressed because I can't see a way out of it.

I'm gonna try exercise and good food and keeping up with my regimen but it gets so hard when I feel like this. Last night I tried to exercise but couldn't get past a couple movements, it made me feel like I was gonna pass out.

UGH!!! all I have to say is UGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment