Sunday, August 1, 2010

Question

OK this post has two different purposes:
1. I want some advice (see rest of post :)
2. I want to see who is actually reading this thing after all the depressing posts and rants, I was told people wanted to hear what was going on with me no matter how sad or broken I am, but I have heard from family I may be too depressing and that my title was dark. SO let me hear from you the reader.

As you should all know by now, either from my first post or my profile, I can not fulfill my dream of becoming a Marine and for the time being it isn't likely I will be able to work for the government in much of any capacity; so I am looking for ideas from people who know me of things they always thought I should do... and ideas based on some basic parameters listed below, the first kind don't have to relate to the latter :)

Things I would like to have in a job:
include travel (just about anywhere but preferably South Asia, Europe, Middle East)
language skills
people skills (make them feel comfortable, happy)
carry a gun, concealed or otherwise

Please leave comments here or e-mail me at Jessissickandtired@gmail.com
Thanks for the help, and thanks for reading... if you are reading cause you are sick as well I hope anything I write helps if in only that you don't feel alone :)

1 comment:

  1. Jess,
    Yes, the title is dark . . . but I don't think you should change it. The whole point of this is, after all, to express yourself. If you were trying to be the most commonly searched for blog on google, then yes, you might something that appeals to the masses. As far as the job thing goes . . .you could work for me when I start me b&b/language school lol I've already got another friend set up to run the restaurant :) Honestly though, I couldn't figure out what would let me do the traveling, learning languages, etc. that wasn't either teaching ESL or being a tour guide (hence I'm an ESL teacher . . . ). If you have connections in other countries though, you could start a small travel company. . . you arrange trips catered a certain group then could go with them if needed to translate, guide, etc. You would be independent, able to set your own schedule, and work only when needed. Just a thought - hope your doing well in NYC! :) Miss you Jess - think about you when I wear the necklace and bracelet from your mom :) I'm putting a link here to my blog (if you want to read it :))

    love you
    bethany

    ReplyDelete