Saturday, July 24, 2010

times 3

So I get Fibro pain on and off, I get Neuralgic pain a lot, and now today I have muscle pain from yesterday's attempt at exercise (which caused plenty of issues of its own).

I tried to go for a jog at one point and made it a very very short distance before my energy and lungs gave out. Now I have been very inactive of late, and the heat and humidity of central Texas is legendary in its ability to debilitate people, but beyond all that I now know after many tests that there is a congenital problem with my lungs. I don't process CO2 correctly and because of that my lungs don't always get enough oxygen to my brain, which is why I have always been a crappy runner. I have a relatively high amount of carbonic acid or something in my blood which tells the doctors that I have had the CO2 issue for most of my life and was somewhat dealing with it. Since I have become so sick and the POTS has caused other issues with my blood getting enough oxygen to my brain my lungs don't seem to work well at all... I have almost no endurance or ability to run or do much of any aerobic exercise. Unfortunately that leaves me realizing whatever I finally get to do with my life it will most likely be a desk job. I never wanted a desk job and am having a lot of trouble accepting the staid path my life is seeming to heading down.
To all those who have lost their dreams or plans for their lives the pain doesn't ever truly dissipate but it does become bearable, at least most of the time. Find a way to bring whatever it was about your dreams and plans that made you happy into your new life... it is really hard I know but I do believe it is possible (at least most of the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment