Friday, September 23, 2011

"Life's Not Fair" But we tend to react like it should be...

This is a bit of a vent/rant post just to let you know :-/


I am well aware, both, that patience has never been my virtue and that nothing work instantly (especially my supplements) but even knowing those facts it is really frustrating that the day after I finally get almost all my pills down, after not getting almost any for a week, ends up being one of my more debilitating days physically, mentally, and emotionally.
I know the world isn't fair and things don't actually happen with the equal correlation we seem to be born expecting, but when you do something good or right or healthy, and especially when that something was hard to do in the first place, you want/expect  (whether that expectation is rational or not) the equal (and opposite) reaction to be it helping, or you getting positive recognition, or things being easier in some way and when it ends up not helping (at least not in any way that you can recognize) or in fact you feel worse, THAT JUST PLAIN SUCKS!!!

The way the world should work in the eyes of children:
Do something bad = get punished
Do something good = get rewarded
Be unhealthy or irresponsible = get/stay sick or face consequences/rebuked
Be healthy or responsible = get/stay healthy or be lauded/praised

I it doesn't work like this but sometimes I really wish it did... especially when I am in pain and tired and all I want to do is some damn chores to help out around the house (and because I know if I can just get reorganized I will be so much better at keeping a schedule and taking my pills regularly and be on the best path to getting healthier again .... but how do I do that when I don't have the energy or ability to even just put the dishes in the dishwasher let alone re-make my bed and change out all the cloths in my drawers from summer to winter and clean off my desk and table and set things up to make my life easier (less stressful) and there for healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment